[FRPythoneers] Pros & cons of Python HTTP servers

Evelyn Mitchell efm at tummy.com
Mon Oct 17 13:29:06 MDT 2005

My guess has been that having a Python Web Server rather than including
Apache, helps quite a bit with multi-OS deployment. You can't assume a
Windows user or a Mac user has Apache installed, or would be comfortable
installing it.

It certainly helps with multi-OS testing, as you really only have to test
the Python parts on one platform.

Evelyn

* On 2005-10-17 13:16 Jim.Vickroy at noaa.gov <Jim.Vickroy at noaa.gov> wrote:
> Sorry for the non-helpful reply, but I too have wondered about this and
> would be interested to hear from those in "the know".
>
> -- jv

This email is: [ ] actionable [x] fyi [ ] social
Response needed: [ ] yes [x] up to you [ ] no
Time-sensitive: [ ] immediate [x] soon [ ] none

                            http://www.tummy.com/