[FRPythoneers] I must be sitting too close to the monitor.

Bill Simons BSimons at geographix.com
Thu Jan 13 10:26:03 MST 2005

The python tutorial has a nice appendix "Floating Point Arithmetic:
Issues and Limitations"

http://www.python.org/doc/current/tut/node16.html

William Kahan, one of the researches behind the IEEE floating point
standard has many papers about it:

http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~wkahan/

Tim Peters is the acknowledged floating point expert among Python
developers.  Search for his posts on the comp.lang.python newsgroup and
python-dev mailing lists for a bunch of informative and entertaining
threads on the subject.