[FRPythoneers] trapping exceptions

Jim Vickroy Jim.Vickroy at noaa.gov
Wed May 21 11:32:37 MDT 2003

Erick,

As I see it, the problem is that in order for your "except" block to work, a
"MyException" must be raised.  If its your code raising the exception, then you
can obviously raise a "MyException" and it would work as you intend.  But
standard, distribution Python code raises IOError exceptions which your except
block does not handle.

In general, I do not see how you can do anything but the following:

def change_state(parm):
   pass

try:
except IOError, details: