Regrets (Re: [FRPythoneers] March 17, 2003 -- FRPythoneers Meeting)

Jeffery D. Collins jcollins at boulder.net
Mon Mar 17 16:31:33 MST 2003

Uche Ogbuji wrote:

>>March 17, 2003, 7:00PM at Level 3 Communications in Broomfield, CO.
>>
>>Narval: AI for Python Hackers
>>Uche Ogbuj
>>
>>Narval is the very nifty information management framework by Logilabs.
>>It uses the flexibility and extensibility of both Python and XML to
>>support tasks from news aggregation to personal planning scheduling.
>>Uche Ogbuji will demonstrate Narval and explain briefly how it works,
>>and how easily it can be customized. For some background you may want to
>>see Uche's 2001 article on Narval:
>>http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/library/l-ai/
>>

>I'm really sorry, folks.  I was already going to have to speak on another
>topic, because I can't get current versions of Narval to play nicely with all
>the various permutations of prerequisites on my laptop (particularly PyGTK).
>Narval development is on hiatus while Logilabs hunkers down on paying work,
>and though I know the code base pretty well, I think it will need another good
>spurt of work from the core developrs before Narval is ready for use again.  I
>could have back-dated all my software to 2001-2002, when I used to use Narval
>pretty heavily, but this would be quite difficult, and I think would make for
>a less useful talk.
>
>To make matters worse, I really don't think I can make it tonight at all.  I
>am pretty much buried with tasks with passed deadlines and need to get at
>least a few checked off.  If I am able to before 7:00, I shall still come, but
>it might be best to plan a contingency.
>
>Sorry for the lateness of this message: I thought could work things out until
>today's mad rush proved me wrong.

Sorry you cannot make it.  Perhaps we can reschedule for some time in
the future.

Since we are not having a speaker tonight, we can meet somewhere else
and talk Python; perhaps at coffee shop.  The one I know is Cafe-Sole'
(sp?) at the corner of Table Mesa and Broadway in Boulder.  The hacking
society meets there on a weekly basis and they have 820.11b.  I'm open
to other suggestions, especially closer to the usual meeting place.
Send suggestions and RSVP to the list.

Thanks!

--
Jeffery Collins (http://www.boulder.net/~jcollins)