[FRPythoneers] sockserv question

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Sat Mar 15 14:31:59 MST 2003

On Sat, Mar 15, 2003 at 11:10:09AM -0700, Karl Putland wrote:
>I'm having a hard time visualizing this so if it's vague I apologize.
>Thanks for any advice/pointers.

It is kind of too vague for me to really provide an answer.  Sockserve
was designed to make it easy to create SMTP-like socket servers.  It's
not async, and it can block in some circumstances, but is SUPER easy to
write servers with.

Asynccore and twisted seem to be the answers people have today for
making socket servers.

 We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.
                 -- Oscar Wilde