[FRPythoneers] Python GUI Applications

Ferdinand Schmid fschmid at archenergy.com
Mon Jun 2 12:39:05 MDT 2003

HI,

Do any of you have experience with Python GUI applications?  So far I
found that there is Qt support (also commercial through Blackadder) and
GTK support (pyglade).

I am currently trying to weigh my options for a small application that
also involves serial port IO.  Based on the desired platform support
(Linux and Windows) I am considering the Python and Java options.

Since I don't like to type my GUI (emacs is great for code development
but I just can't be efficient with it for graphical layouts) I would
like to find a graphical UI designer that ideally also writes the
framework for event handlers.

It would be great to find an environment that won't turn out to be
obsolete in 2 years ;)

Your candid information/feedback is appreciated,
Ferdinand

--
Ferdinand Schmid
Architectural Energy Corporation