[FRPythoneers] Considering programming our own school adminis tration system in Python... need advise.

Bill Simons BSimons at geographix.com
Fri Jul 11 11:00:13 MDT 2003

>What does it MEAN to use an application server?

Excellent question.  Not knowing the answer, I Googled a few pages here:

http://www.jguru.com/faq/printablefaq.jsp?topic=AppServer
http://www.jimcole.com/appserverfaq.html

and one comment that I especially liked:
"The application logic (here, the business logic) is embedded in some
form, let that be an EJB or CORBA [or Python] component, and the
application server allows us to get the services provided by those
components."

Your project idea is an easily understandable problem that's helped
me--a web programming ignoramus--understand web services a lot better.
Thanks!