[FRPythoneers] Considering programming our own school administration system in Python... need advise.

Brian Jarrett bjarrett at garcoschools.org
Thu Jul 10 15:11:34 MDT 2003

>"District administration" is a term specific to your application.

Well, I work for a school district, and this software would help handle the administration of students-- keeping track of attendance, grades, etc.  I used the term "district administration" to try to get people to understand what sorts of data I need to store.  Zope is for content management of web sites.  I want an application to handle our district's administration that I think would work well as a web app.  I'm thinking there is a difference here.

>Why do you want stored procedures and triggers?

Because I want to code the application by separating the data layer from the presentation layer.  Most of the work with the data (adding/removing records, queries, etc.) should be handled in the database itself.  I'm thinking of using Python for the presentation layer using a web server.

Does this make sense?  Maybe I'm not explaining myself well.

Brian