[FRPythoneers] Easiest way to XML enable my ISP's Python?

Sean Gillies sgillies at frii.com
Wed Jul 9 08:25:02 MDT 2003

Yes, this is what I ultimately advised them to do.  If you're at
all curious what I'm doing with minidom, here's an example:

http://www.frii.com/cgi-bin/cgiwrap/sgillies/picdemo.cgi

It's a demo of a Python class for connecting to ArcIMS servers.
ArcIMS is ESRI's platform for web mapping services.  You send a
small XML doc describing the spatial extents of maps or imagery
and parse the XML response to get a URL to the map image.  ESRI
has tools for this kind of web development, but they are only
COM and Java.

minidom has been almost up to the task.  I only needed to work
around the lack of DOCTYPE support.

cheers,
Sean