[FRPythoneers] Easiest way to XML enable my ISP's Python?

Michael Olson Mike.Olson at fourthought.com
Wed Jul 9 07:17:53 MDT 2003

I might be a bit behind on this thread, but you can also install the
Py-XML package.  It contains expat.  It loads it *shared* so there is
no need to recompile python.

Mike

On Thursday, July 3, 2003, at 10:25 AM, Sean Gillies wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've uploaded a script which imports xml.dom.minidom to my account
> on FRII.  On execution, it raises:
>
> xml.sax._exceptions.SAXReaderNotAvailable: No parsers found
>
> At home, my solution was to download expat (doesn't come with OS X),
> install it and rebuild python.
>
> FRII has expat installed.  Their staff may or may not feel
> comfortable about rebuilding python (still using 2.1.1).  Is
> there any easier option to install the expat parser?  I figure that
> I'll get better/faster support from FRII if I can provide good
> instructions for an east solution.
>
> cheers,
> Sean
>
> --
> Sean Gillies
> sgillies at frii dot com
> http://www.frii.com/~sgillies

Mike Olson                                                Principal
Consultant
mike.olson at fourthought.com                +1 303 583 9900
Fourthought, Inc.
http://Fourthought.com
PO Box 270590,                                       http://4Suite.org
Louisville, CO 80027-5009, USA
XML strategy, XML tools, knowledge management