[FRPythoneers] Re: [Rtl]Kiwi: a powerfull temporal trace viewer.

cognite at zianet.com cognite at zianet.com
Mon Jul 7 10:23:43 MDT 2003

In the REAL-TIME-linux (rtl) camp there is also interest in Kiwi.
Is it really fast?  And with a python interface?  So how do
we get python into rtl?

Perhaps Jeff's port of [erstwhile Palm] python for embedded systems would do!

The source is to be found as Reduced Python at:
pippy.sourceforge.net
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=47300&release_id=148357

gcc is used for compiling rtl, except for SMP, when kgcc is used.

SC

So then we could have a talk series -- .

====================
On Mon, 7 Jul 2003 12:02:35 +0200
Jose Ismael Ripoll Ripoll <ismael.ripoll at disca.upv.es> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Kiwi is a graphic application which displays tasks execution trace logs. It
> has been entirely written in Tcl/TK, which makes it very portable. Its main
> features are: impressive zoom, rich set of graphical elements, output to eps
> files, events driven navigation and full customizable colors. Kiwi is mainly
> focused on real-time systems, but you can use it for represent any kind of
> concurrent application or system.
>
> This tool has been extensively used during the porting of GNAT to RTLinux-GPL.
>
> Kiwi combined with POSIX trace (also available to RTLinux-GPL) is THE
> definitive temporal-debugging framework for real-time applications.
>

> Written by Agustin Espinosa at the Universidad Politécnica de Valencia.
> It is GPL, and can be downloaded from:
> http://rtportal.upv.es/apps/kiwi/
>

> Ismael.
>
> --
> Ismael Ripoll: Universitat Politecnica de Valencia;46071 Valencia,Spain
> Department of Computer Engineering (DISCA)
> Tel: +34 96 3877 000 Ext: (75723) Fax: +34 96 3877 579
> mailto:iripoll at di_remove_sca.upv.es http://bernia.disca.upv.es/~iripoll
> http://www.ocera.org

 ;););) blessed are the geeks -- for they shall inherit the source code :):):)