[FRPythoneers] meetings defunct?

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Sat Jul 5 17:04:23 MDT 2003

On Wed, Jul 02, 2003 at 07:08:15PM -0600, Jeffery D. Collins wrote:
>I would like to see that too.  It would be nice to see a comparison with
>other frameworks.  I went through an excersize similar to yours about a
>year ago and settled on Quixote.  Its python-module-like templating
>seemed a little odd to me, but the pythonic design was a real plus (as
>opposed to Zope at the time).

I haven't really done an exhaustive research of the alternatives.
Mostly it's that the ones I looked at didn't appeal to me for various
reasons, I'm not sure that I could give a really fair evaluation of the
alternatives.

If I were to give up JOTWeb, I'd probably go to Albatross right now.  I
wanted to like Quixote, but I really don't care for it.  Zope 3 is
supposed to be a lot more like JOTWeb, but I kind of got tired of
waiting for it.  Jon Corbette from LWN uses Quixote and likes it...
The thing I really liked about SkunkWeb was that it has really good
caching.  One thing I plan to add to JOTWeb before too long.

 Money is the root of all evil!  Man needs roots...
      Back off man. I'm a scientist.   http://HackingSociety.org/