[FRPythoneers] MIME attachment conversion and email module question

Rob Riggs rob at pangalactic.org
Fri Jan 24 21:51:23 MST 2003

Erick Bodine wrote:

>The attachment displays properly in Outlook.
>How would I go about checking the MIME headers?

Use Mozilla Mail.  It allows one to view the message source. This is
something that, to my knowledge, cannot be done in Outlook or OE.

You'll need to pay attention to all of the details.  For instance, I
found one mail app that didn't display anything if the trailing dashes
from the last seperator were missing.  Most others displayed the
malformed messages fine.  Another one that's gotten me is failing to
specify "Content-Transfer-Encoding" for base64 files, or "name" or
"filename" subfields where necessary.

The code looked OK to me, but again, I don't know the "email" package at
all.

-Rob