[FRPythoneers] MIME attachment conversion and email module question

Erick Bodine erick at allocity.com
Fri Jan 24 12:09:57 MST 2003

All,

I am involved in testing an email server product and am sending large
amounts of email+attachment in the course of that testing.  I have found
that MIME conversion of large attachments (1-10MB) is expensive in terms
of cpu time, is there any way to do the conversion ahead of time?

I am sending email+attachment using the email module to construct the
message.  When the email is opened in Outlook Express, the size of the
message is correct, but the attachment does not show.  I am assuming
this is because of broken MIME functionality in Outlook Express,
yes/no??

--ERick