[FRPythoneers] http sessions newbie

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Thu Dec 18 16:02:56 MST 2003

On Thu, Dec 18, 2003 at 10:54:19PM +0200, tudor at 1xtech.com wrote:
>As there is no Python community in Romania, from where I come from, I
>chose to affiliate to frpythoneers. Hope that nobody has anything against
>my decision.

There are no problems with that.

>A good choice in my opinion.
>The transition has not been too difficult, until I started working to a
>project which requires using http session (piece of cake in PHP).

The JOTWeb system, which I'm working on, has session management built
into it.  http://jotweb.tummy.com/  JOTWeb is fairly compatible
conceptually with PHP, IMHO, though it much more fully implements a
separation of code and markup using TAL.

There's also Zope, at http://zope.org/ which is a large and popular web
application system.  I never was able to get comfortable in it, though.

If it weren't for JOTWeb, I'd probably be using Albatross.  I don't have
a URL handy.  I'd recommend you check the discussions I had with some of
the authors on the comp.lang.python list about better ways (IMHO) to deal
with code and data in Albatross.

Linux Weekly News uses Quixote and Jon likes that.

There are a whole ton of Python-based web app thingies.  WebWare,
Skunkweb (which has a really nice page/object caching system, but
otherwise I had problems with conceptually), PMZ, CherryPy, etc...

IIRC, there's actually a page listing all the choices.

 You know you're in Canada when:  A radio advertisement comes on advertising
 "Buy a case of beer, get a free touque."