[FRPythoneers] blue-collar python

Dhruva B. Reddy bdhruva at gmx.net
Thu Aug 28 14:34:40 MDT 2003

Well, it's a trivial example, but I write a lot of stupid little Java
applications for prototyping.  Given the name of the class and,
optionally, the package, it will generate the .java file for you.  It
will also include a main() method for you.

I can send it to you if you're interested.

-d

On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 at 13:19 -0700, demian neidetcher soliloquized thusly:
> altho it's not a very glamorous use of python, i'm
> curious about who is using python to generate code?
>
> i have used it to generate java code directly from DB
> schemas.  i also have it nicely integrated with my
> editor (vim of course) to generate and otherwise
> manipulate code.
>
> http://www.ophinity.com/papers/wrangling/index.html
>
> i'm reading the fowler book on enterprise patterns.
> in passing, he mentions looking at his python and ruby
> scripts to see what patterns he uses when generating
> code from DB schemas.
>
> i also recall reading 'the pragmatic programmer' where
> they recommend using python and ruby for
> code-generation.
>
> so do you guys use python (or even jython) to generate
> code?
>

> =====

 "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary
 safety deserve neither liberty or safety. Nor, are they likely to end
 up with either."-- Benjamin Franklin