[FRPythoneers] bandwidth speed tests?

Brian Jarrett bjarrett at garcoschools.org
Tue Aug 5 14:05:06 MDT 2003

Hello all,

I've recently set up an old 2Mbps point-to-point wireless system and I want to check what sort of bandwidth I'm really getting with the system.  I thought maybe I could write something in python (since I can't find anything already created) to do this.  It would make for some good experience as far as I'm concerned.

Anyway, I've seen broadband speed tests on several DSL websites and thought that I could reproduce this to some extent, but just going over the wireless link, not the entire internet.

Anyone have any suggestions on how I should go about this?  Maybe somebody already has objects to do this sort of thing?

Thanks,
Brian