[FRPythoneers] Considering programming our own school adminis tration system in Python... need advise.

Uche Ogbuji uche.ogbuji at fourthought.com
Sun Aug 3 08:49:41 MDT 2003

> >What does it MEAN to use an application server?
>
> Excellent question.  Not knowing the answer, I Googled a few pages here:
>
> http://www.jguru.com/faq/printablefaq.jsp?topic=AppServer
> http://www.jimcole.com/appserverfaq.html
>
> and one comment that I especially liked:
> "The application logic (here, the business logic) is embedded in some
> form, let that be an EJB or CORBA [or Python] component, and the
> application server allows us to get the services provided by those
> components."
>
> Your project idea is an easily understandable problem that's helped
> me--a web programming ignoramus--understand web services a lot better.
> Thanks!

Just to be clear, you don't mean the concepts shoved under the big buzzword
"Web services", do you?  Those tend to be an entirely different kettle of fish
than the concepts behind Zope, EJB, etc.

XML Data Bindings in Python, Part 2 - http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2003/07/02/py-xm
l.html
Introducing Examplotron - http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/library/x-x
mptron/