[FRPythoneers] iterator like inject:into to generating comma-separated list

Matt Boersma matt at sprout.org
Tue Sep 17 09:26:06 MDT 2002

On Mon, 16 Sep 2002, Cameron Laird wrote:

> > On Mon, Sep 16, 2002 at 07:25:25PM -0500, Cameron Laird wrote:
> > >I prefer
> > >  string.join(map(str, list), ",")
>
> > Sure, but which one is the One True Way (tm)?  ;-)
> > 		.
> > 		.
> > 		.
> Ha!  I will incant the martellibot into our midst,
> and he will vilify and revile your lambda.

And Guido would discourage both map() and lambda.  His "Python
regrets" talk at
http://www.python.org/doc/essays/ppt/regrets/PythonRegrets.pdf mentions
both these as features he wishes he'd dropped, at least now that we have
list comprehensions.

There's Usually More Than One OK Way To Do It?  Nah, bad acronym.