[FRPythoneers] how to list timezone names?

Rob Riggs rob at pangalactic.org
Thu Sep 5 09:21:57 MDT 2002

On my Linux box there is a file /usr/share/zoneinfo/zone.tab that could
be parsed to get this information. It's not a portable solution though.
I don't know of any Python modules that do this. You might ask
Marc-André Lemburg, the author of mxDateTime, if he knows of a portable
way to get this information.