[FRPythoneers] how to list timezone names?

Eric Brunson brunson at level3.net
Thu Sep 5 09:10:38 MDT 2002

Those names are the names of zoneinfo files.

ls /usr/share/zoneinfo/US

Those files are installed as part of glibc-common on RedHat, so I
think any standard API for listing available zones would be in the
glibc documentation.

* Wostenberg (pwos at attbi.com) [020905 09:01]:
> I'm doing a Python method in Zope Linux server that shows a list of
> possible timezones (US/Pacific, US/Eastern, etc.) for use with the time
> functions. So far I've hard wired this
> # timezones: Return a list of strings that are timezones
> tz = ["US/Mountain", "US/Pacific", "US/Central", "US/Eastern", "Other"]
> return tz
>
> because I couldn't find a function in the times package. Is there a
> function?
> -Alan

      Eric Brunson        brunson at level3 dot net
tcA thgirypoC muinelliM latigiD eht detaloiv tsuj evah uoY