[FRPythoneers] [Boulder-acm-list] XP Denver -- Brian Marrick workshop this Monday 10/14 (fwd from: aviggio at qwest.net)

Evelyn Mitchell efm at tummy.com
Thu Oct 10 14:59:04 MDT 2002

----- Forwarded message from Alex Viggio <aviggio at qwest.net> -----

Delivered-From: boulder-acm-list-admin at cleansoft.net
From: "Alex Viggio" <aviggio at qwest.net>
To: boulder-acm-list at cleansoft.net
Subject: [Boulder-acm-list] XP Denver -- Brian Marrick workshop this Monday 10/14
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 14:44:54 -0600

Apologies for this late notice regarding an opportunity to meet agile test
expert Brian Marick. Brian is in town for the annual SQUAD conference, and
volunteered to meet with test-infected XP Denverites this coming Monday
night, October 14th.

Brian has been a tester and programmer since 1981 and a testing consultant
since 1992. He specializes in programmer testing, test design techniques,
and context-driven test strategies. He is the author of "The Craft of
Software Testing" (Prentice-Hall, 1995), a co-author of the "Manifesto for
Agile Software Development" and a technical editor for "Software Testing and
Quality Engineering" magazine. Many of his writings can be found at
http://www.testing.com.

This is a special opportunity, not replacing our normal October meeting
(which will be another special meeting with Robert C. Martin speaking). As
of today, the meeting time and location are still be pinned down in either
Downtown Denver or within 15 minutes of downtown. If you are interested in
attending, please RSVP with Lisa Crispin at lisa.crispin at att.net. Lisa is
our local test expert who co-authored the newest Addison-Wesley XP Series
book "Testing Extreme Programming" with Tip House.

Some ideas for the evening, depending on the number of RSVPs:
- test-first round table discussion
- group test-first programming workshop
- dinner discussion

I'm sorry to miss this opportunity since I'm out of town next week. If you
can't make it on Monday night, be sure to check out Brian's free SQUAD
conference keynote "Agile Testing: State-of-the-Practice" on Tuesday at 5:00
PM. See http://www.geocities.com/denver_squad/conference2002.html for more
information.

- Alex Viggio

x X P D E N V E R