[FRPythoneers] postgres and python?

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Sun Mar 31 21:45:48 MST 2002

On Sun, Mar 31, 2002 at 07:19:30PM -0800, Karl Putland wrote:
>The _pgmodule.so, pg.py and pgdb.py that came with PostgreSQL
>segfault when connection to a database.

Jeeze, haven't they fixed that yet?  I reported that right after 7.1 was
released...

I ended up building the python adapter provided with 7.0, because all my
code used it anyway.  This is a non-DBAPI module, and I'd like to switch to
something that does use the DBAPI mechanism, but this works fine and I have
a bunch of code for it...

It probably doesn't do threading right though...

 I would rather suffer defeat than have cause to be ashamed of victory.
                 -- Quintus Curtius