[FRPythoneers] postgres and python?

Karl Putland kperacles at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 31 20:19:30 MST 2002

Which modules have people used?

I've got PostgreSQL 7.2 and python2.2.

The _pgmodule.so, pg.py and pgdb.py that came with PostgreSQL
segfault when connection to a database.

psycopg, I'm having troubles using it with Webware.
I've implemented a connection pool that holds one
connection per webware thread.  The problem I'm having
is that an insert and commit on one thread are not visible
on some of the others even though it is visible in psql.

So I'm about to investigate PoPy. Does anyone have exerience
(good of bad) with PoPy?

Or possible insight into the best module to use with PostgreSQL?

TIA

--Karl