[FRPythoneers] Python documentation and default expression

Mike Olson Mike.Olson at fourthought.com
Sun Mar 17 08:04:37 MST 2002

On Fri, 2002-03-15 at 15:19, Evelyn Mitchell wrote:
> * On 2002-03-15 22:15 Mike Olson <Mike.Olson at fourthought.com> wrote:
> > On Fri, 2002-03-15 at 14:39, Rob Riggs wrote:
> > > Where do I find Pythons rules for the default tests on a variable? I.e.,
> > > when I have an expressions like:
> > >
> > >     if foo: ...
> > >
> > > what are the tests on "foo" that are performed? Is this documented in
> > > the language reference anywhere?
> >
> > http://www.python.org/doc/current/lib/truth.html
>
> Why would this be in the library reference and not the language reference?
> (Not that you'd know Mike, but just asking.)

No idea.  However, I've always thought the layout of the python docs was
a bit non-intuitive. It seems I've always got to look through the
tutorial, library reference, langauge reference, etc. to find what I
need.  In fact, I knew this page existed, and spent 1/2 hour looking for
it in the language ref :)

Mike