[FRPythoneers] Python seminar/casual conference suggestion

Evelyn Mitchell efm at tummy.com
Wed Mar 6 17:17:55 MST 2002

* On 2002-03-07 00:10 Chris Riddoch <socket at peakpeak.com> wrote:

> This is a good time to note that the construction of the University
> Memorial Center (UMC, or student center) at CU-Boulder is nearing
> completion, and they've got some nice large rooms.  I could look into
> the cost of reserving them, and see what we'd be looking at.

Is there a URL for campus facilities which would have this sort of
information?

> I'm fairly certain it wouldn't be free, unless it were organized by a
> campus student group, which would be difficult to pull off since I'd
> have a hard time pointing at a roomful of python programmers to say,
> "It's a student group!  Really it is!"

I don't know of any CU Faculty using or promoting Python. Do you
know of anyone? It would be so much easier to get the facilities
with on campus support.

> I can try to sift through the professors I know to find someone to
> help with this, though.  Rather than immediately volunteering for
> anything that seems in the slightest bit interesting, I should stop
> and think about my schedule a bit.  Isn't volunteerism grand?
>
> Got a target weekend I should ask about?

No idea except that it would be summer 2003, more or less.

Thanks!
                            http://www.tummy.com/