[FRPythoneers] To Zope or not to Zope

Evelyn Mitchell efm at tummy.com
Sat Mar 2 11:56:29 MST 2002

* On 2002-03-02 18:49 Karl Putland <kperacles at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Key consideration is Time To Market.  Python will
> be the language of choice for most tasks.
>
> What is the current feeling about Zope's abilities?

Well, it depends on what you want to do. :)

The better question is what toolset are you and your team most
familiar with. Nothing slows a project down more than having to
learn new tools to solve a new problem.

One of the ideas from Agile/Extreme programming I like is that of
a spike. You spend time early on working on the hard core stuff
of your application to get functionality quickly. The core is partly
what you'll need to build on later, but is mostly driven by what
the essential need of the customer is. If you don't know that, then
you're much better off talking to them than to us. :)

Any hints on what you're doing?

                            http://www.tummy.com/