[FRPythoneers] Python/Zope Job

David Graham dgraham at i3.com
Mon Jun 17 09:01:02 MDT 2002

Sean Reifschneider wrote:

>On Fri, Jun 14, 2002 at 10:50:35PM -0600, Karl Putland wrote:
>

>>On Fri, 2002-06-14 at 09:42, David Graham wrote:
>>

>>>This job posting is not getting very good play at Colorado State
>>>

>>[...]
>>

>>>Salary Range: $8-$12/hour
>>>

>>I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but I wouldn't expect much response
>>until you offer about 2x-4x what you have listed.  Python/Zope familliar
>>

>It seemed fairly clear to me that they were looking for somone who wasn't
>really experienced...  For a college student without much experience,
>$8-$12 is about right...  According to Brooks, that would give them the
>equivalent pay for a given results of around $100 per hour spent on somone
>who was "good", and a grand per hour for somone who really knows their
>stuff...
>
>If you put it in that perspective, it looks like much better pay, doesn't
>it?  ;-)
>
>Sean

College student who has dabbled in it is what we are looking for.
 Someone who wants to change there in the dorm hacking experience into
resume quality material.  Unfortunately we have posted this after all
the hackers have gone home for the summer.

Dave

--
David W. Graham
Director of Geospatial Applications Development
dgraham at i3.com
http://www.i3.com