[FRPythoneers] Python/Zope Job

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Sat Jun 15 17:47:03 MDT 2002

On Fri, Jun 14, 2002 at 10:50:35PM -0600, Karl Putland wrote:
>On Fri, 2002-06-14 at 09:42, David Graham wrote:
>> This job posting is not getting very good play at Colorado State
>[...]
>>
>> Salary Range: $8-$12/hour
>
>I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but I wouldn't expect much response
>until you offer about 2x-4x what you have listed.  Python/Zope familliar

It seemed fairly clear to me that they were looking for somone who wasn't
really experienced...  For a college student without much experience,
$8-$12 is about right...  According to Brooks, that would give them the
equivalent pay for a given results of around $100 per hour spent on somone
who was "good", and a grand per hour for somone who really knows their
stuff...

If you put it in that perspective, it looks like much better pay, doesn't
it?  ;-)

 Give me a Kaypro 64 and dial-tone and I can do *ANYTHING*!
                 -- Steven, _The_Score_