[FRPythoneers] Question about Try/Except

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Mon Jun 3 15:26:18 MDT 2002

On Mon, Jun 03, 2002 at 03:34:32PM -0600, J. Wayde Allen wrote:
>pages as necessary to ensure security.  What I often wonder about is how
>much is enough?  Taking care about how these data are used, how they are
>passed to other system programs, etc. seems to make a lot of sense, but

I will usually use the re module to ensure that only the characters I want
are in the field.

   >>> import re
   >>> field = 'Hello there\"; rm -rf /'
   >>> newField = re.sub(r'[a-zA-Z ]', '', field)
   >>> if newField: print 'The following characters are not allowed:', newField
   The following characters are not allowed: ";-/

 A computer is like an Old Testament god, with a lot of rules and no mercy.
                -- Joseph Campbell