[FRPythoneers] e-mail from cgi

Jim Vickroy Jim.Vickroy at noaa.gov
Mon Jun 3 12:42:53 MDT 2002

Wayde,

If you decide to use smtlib, here is a fragment illustrating its use:

#=================================
import smtplib, socket

server_name = 'your mail server name goes here'
sender = 'your e-mail address goes here'
recipients = ['e-mail addr of 1st recipient', ...]
message = '''
   your
   message
   goes
   here'''

server = smtplib.SMTP(server_name)

data = 'Subject: ' + str(subject) + '\n\n' + str(message)

try:
   unreachable_recipients = server.sendmail(sender, recipients, data)
finally:
   server.quit()

print unreachable_recipients