[FRPythoneers] New person's question

David Graham dgraham at i3.com
Fri Jul 19 09:29:42 MDT 2002

Sean Reifschneider wrote:

>On Thu, Jul 18, 2002 at 11:52:16AM -0600, Mike Olson wrote:
>

>>session = igor_session.igor_session()
>>

>You can, of course, also do:
>
>   from igor_session import igor_session
>   session = igor_session()
>
>However that's rarely what I want.  Sounds like some reading up on how
>import works is in order?  Anyone have any suggestions on a good tutorial
>about modules and packages?
>
>Sean

This is what I needed.  Basically I am a Java programmer who only read
the 'Instant Python' tutorial 6 pages and found myself scripting away.
 Of course when I run into subtleties I am looking totally in the wrong
part of the documentation.  In Java usually 1file = 1 class so I keep
looking for class constructor information.  But I see I should have been
looking at module and package documentation.

Thanks

Dave

--
David W. Graham
Director of Geospatial Applications Development
dgraham at i3.com
http://www.i3.com