[FRPythoneers] New person's question

Jim Vickroy Jim.Vickroy at noaa.gov
Thu Jul 18 12:02:26 MDT 2002

Hello David,

Are you doing something like this?

--- start file igor_session.py ---------------
class igor_session:
   pass
--- end file igor_session.py ----------------

--- start file t_igor_session.py -------------
import igor_session # assume igor_session is in a directory on your PYTHONPATH
session = igor_session.igor_session() # variable = module_name.class_name
--- end file t_igor_session.py -------------

The exception, your reported, may indicate that you were trying to call the module
(i.e., file) rather than a class within the file.