[FRPythoneers] yapsnmp module (fwd from: Tran at innocon.com)

Evelyn Mitchell efm at tummy.com
Mon Jul 15 10:57:51 MDT 2002

----- Forwarded message from "Tran, Rao" <Tran at innocon.com> -----

Delivered-From: Tran at innocon.com
From: "Tran, Rao" <Tran at innocon.com>
To: "'efm-frpythoneers at tummy.com'" <efm-frpythoneers at tummy.com>
Subject: yapsnmp module
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 12:13:34 -0400

Dear Everyone!

I start using yapsnmp 0.7.5 yapsnmp , but i do have 2 problems

1) with those mib oids that defined as Gauge32 , I could not set any value
to the oid.  Any way or any thing I could do to make it work

2) As I walk down the mib tree, I could not get more info about oid
attributes such as min/max values, oid type (integer, string, ip address,
time ticks etc .. i do have this info by clear_flag(QUICK_PRINT) and
set_flag(PRINT_FULL_OID)),  default value, access type 9read-write,
read-only or not accessible, or status (mandatory).

Is there any way to do it, I did try to use the function translate() but i
wont get more info .  The command snmptranslate -Td OID do give us all the
info we need.

Thank you for your time and support

Yours truly.

Rao Tran