[FRPythoneers] socket timeout

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Thu Jul 11 09:21:41 MDT 2002

On Thu, Jul 11, 2002 at 05:37:22AM -0600, Bob Gailer wrote:
>I am setting up socket communication with the server on Win NT and the
>client on Solaris. How does one set time limits for connect(), listen(),
>send(), recv() (etc?). I found documentation of functions for setting and
>getting socket options, but the timeout parameters are labeled read-only.

You may want to read the python-dev discussion that starts with the
following post:

   http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2002-June/024939.html

>Also, where does one ask a question of this nature and/or search archives
>for answers in the larger Python community?

The python list is archived on google.com groups archive under
"comp.lang.python".  You can join the discussion at:

 If you have too many special cases, you are doing it wrong.
                 -- Craig Zerouni