[FRPythoneers] Beautiful code

Chris Riddoch socket at peakpeak.com
Wed Jul 3 13:54:21 MDT 2002

Sean Reifschneider <jafo at tummy.com> writes:

> On Tue, Jul 02, 2002 at 03:40:23PM -0600, Chris Riddoch wrote:
> >Not only is there no Python content, but there's no way to read the
> >text on their website. The background is #00CC99. The text is
> >#34AE93. I wonder if anybody actually tried to look at their website
> >before publishing it, because I can't find any screen settings that
> >make it legible.
>
> Huh?  The code example I looked at was black (#000000) on white (#ffffff).
> Can't get more contrast than that...

Well, not on the text on the same page as the links. There's some text
below the icons and all the ones and zeros. It goes something like this:

> I think I knew that I was going to be a programmer once I discovered
> computers. As soon as I realized what could be done, I said I have to do
> everything that can be done with computers.
> I have to be able to do the most I possibly can do with them and
> programming is just the logical extension of that.

That's the stuff that's unreadable. Pretty easy to miss because of how
similar the text color is to the background. The text you mention is
indeed black on white, and much more readable.

In any event, sorry for being so off-topic.

--
Chris Riddoch       | epistemological
socket at peakpeak.com | humility