[FRPythoneers] Using vi with Zope?

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Thu Jan 31 19:00:29 MST 2002

On Thu, Jan 31, 2002 at 06:50:09PM -0700, Michael wrote:
>With KDE you can use any editor to edit Zope through Konqueror File Manager
>by  FTP'ing through the location window into the Zope server, then right
>clicking on the file to open it with any editor you choose. ie:
>ftp://user@zope.domain.com:8021/   I use Nedit so when the "Open With" window
>pops up, I just type nedit in the command line.

Tell me how that works with the SQL objects and object titles.  Is it
similar to DAV, where you just can't get there from here, or is it
something you can do via FTP?

I thought about using the FTP mechanism, but ran across this DAVfs and
decided to give it a shot.  Unfortunately, without the ability to
encapsulate some of this additional data, I'll never be able to check in my
Zope stuff via CVS, and then "release" a site...

 Rocky: "Do you know what an A-Bomb is?"
 Bullwinkle: "Of course.  ``A Bomb'' is what some people call our show."