[FRPythoneers] Using vi with Zope?

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Thu Jan 31 12:12:56 MST 2002

Ok, I'll admit that part of my reluctance to learn Zope has been the need
to use the damn web interface to do all this editing.  So, what do you
think of this?

   guin:jafo$ df
   [...]
   http://localhost:8081/
                             4098      4098         0 100% /mnt/dav
   guin:jafo$ cd /mnt/dav
   guin:dav$ ls
   Control_Panel/  browser_id_manager*      standard_html_footer*  testsite/
   Examples/       index_html*              standard_html_header*
   QuickStart/     session_data_manager*    standard_template.pt*
   acl_users*      standard_error_message*  temp_folder/
   guin:dav$ cat standard_html_header
   bgcolor="#FFFFFF">
   guin:dav$ cat standard_html_footer

This is using davfs (dav.sf.net).  You can pick up an SRPM of it at
ftp://ftp.tummy.com/pub/tummy/RPMS/SRPMS/

*VERY* nice.  The biggest problem is that (not suprisingly), you can't edit
the SQL objects through this.  It was VERY delightful for going through the
Zope tutorial last night though.

 Examine what is said, not who speaks.  (Arabian Proverb)