[FRPythoneers] Python Crypto for Red Hat?

Matt Gushee mgushee at havenrock.com
Thu Feb 28 23:19:42 MST 2002

On Thu, Feb 28, 2002 at 11:23:58PM -0700, Rob Riggs wrote:

> This last exchange on SSL reminded me of a question I had for this
> group: what ever happened to openssl-python??? That's no longer included
> in the Red Hat distribution. Is there a standard Python crypto library?

I don't know, but Debian has a package called python<version>-ssl,
which might be the same thing -- and they have it in the Non-US
part of the distro. In case you're not familiar with how Debian
works, Non-US is mainly for package subject to the crypto export
restrictions: in order to be able to distribute them worldwide,
the packages are only available from servers outside the US. I don't
know what Red Hat does under those circumstances -- maybe they just
take it out of the distro.

Anyway, if you can't find an RPM, maybe you could grab the Debian
package and convert it with alien.

--
Matt Gushee
Englewood, Colorado, USA