[FRPythoneers] wireless messaging in python?

Uche Ogbuji uche.ogbuji at fourthought.com
Fri Dec 20 09:17:59 MST 2002

> I have a Python application that sends messages to wireless devices that
> was featured in Monday's Denver Post Business section (see sigline). I
> used a quick and dirty email technique that won't scale.
>
> A better way to text messages cellphones is through a provider like
> http://www.simplewire.com .  However they don't have a Python api and
> charge 5 cents a message (2 cents if I prepay for a million) which eats
> up half my revenue.
>
> Is anybody a wireless guru or know of Python opensource wireless
> messaging projects I could tap into?

Just a thought: if they have a Java API, you could use it via Jython.  This
would also simplify the port if you figured out a way to do it in Python again.

If they have a C API, SWIG, Pyrex or Psyco might be the ticket.

Good luck.

A Python & XML Companion - http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2002/12/11/py-xml.html
XML class warfare - http://www.adtmag.com/article.asp?id=6965
MusicBrainz  metadata - http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/library/x-thi