[FRPythoneers] New Leader - Jeffrey Collins

Uche Ogbuji uche.ogbuji at fourthought.com
Fri Dec 13 14:04:20 MST 2002

> Evelyn Mitchell, tummy.com, is pleased to announce that Jeffery Collins,
> author of Pippy, Python for the Palm, is the new leader of the Front Range
> Pythoneers, a Colorado-based Python Users Group.
>
> Evelyn is stepping aside to make room for her new role as the President of
> the Northern Colorado Internet Co-op, a Fort Collins based, member-owned
> and operated ISP.
>
> "Jeffery is a long time member of FRPythoneers," Evelyn said, "I know that
> he will do a terrific job leading the group."
>
> "I welcome the opportunity to continue Evelyn's excellent work in building a
> Python community along the Colorado Front Range," said Jeffery.

Thanks a thousand times for keeping the group going, Evelyn.  And best of luck
in your new assignment.

> Volunteers are sought to give presentations on Python related topics, and
> to work on the website.

I'm willing to speak.  I don't think there has been a Python/XML talk in a
while.  I could provide an update (including some of the nifty stuff I've been
doing with generators for XML processing).

I could also present on Logilab's really slick app, Narval.  Probably other
topics as well.

> FRPythoneers will be meeting in a new location in 2003, courtesy of Level 3
> in Broomfield. The meeting date will remain the same on the third Monday of
> the Month at 7pm. Details of the new meeting location, including directions
> will be posted on the mailing list.

Nice.  I can pretty much walk there  :-)

Tour of 4Suite - http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2002/10/16/py-xml.html
Proper XML Output in Python - http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2002/11/13/py-xml.html
RSS for Python - http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/webservices/library/ws-p
yth11.html