[FRPythoneers] Distutils question

Jim Vickroy Jim.Vickroy at noaa.gov
Mon Aug 26 08:38:46 MDT 2002

Hello Matt,

I do not have experience with distutils in the Linux/Unix world, but on
MS Windows here is a way to do it:

# begin --------------------------------

from distutils.core import setup
import os.path

# the distribution also includes documentation and configuration files:

target_directory = os.path.join('Lib', 'site-
packages', 'sec', 'sxi', 'config')
config_file = (target_directory, [os.path.join
('sec', 'sxi', 'config', 'product.xml')])
target_directory = os.path.join('Lib', 'site-
packages', 'sec', 'sxi', 'doc')
doc_file = (target_directory, [os.path.join
('sec', 'sxi', 'doc', 'users_guide.html')])

setup(...,
   packages         = ['generic', 'sec.sxi'],
   data_files       = [config_file, doc_file])