Camp Python was Re: [FRPythoneers] Python for Smalltalkers

Evelyn Mitchell efm at tummy.com
Wed Aug 14 11:20:30 MDT 2002

* On 2002-08-14 15:06 Wostenberg <pwos at attbi.com> wrote:
> Thanks, Mat, Chris, for the info. From the Smalltalk frying pan into the
> Python fire it is!
>
> In Smalltalk we have a semiannual Camp Smalltalk in which a gang meets
> to practice extreme programming for the Opensource cause in an offsite
> setting. This year's Spring one was in Colorado Springs; the one in Fall
> is in France http://wiki.cs.uiuc.edu/CampSmalltalk/CS5 .
>
> Anything like Camp Python I should know about?

Bruce Eckel offers seminar in Crested Butte every summer:
  http://www.mindview.net/Seminars/ObjectsAndPatterns/
The last couple of years, he's asked people to help him with some of his
books in a free practicum. I'm not sure that he's doing it this year.

There may be others, but this is the first thing that comes to mind when I
think "Camp Python". It's a great idea!

                            http://www.tummy.com/