[FRPythoneers] With statement

Bob Gailer ramrom at earthling.net
Fri Aug 9 13:59:41 MDT 2002

Oh. Sure. I thought you were dissing my question.

I agree w/your assessment of VB's version of OOP. I ran into it in Access
VBA. I was horrified at how limited OOP was and how poorly doeumented.

The language I've used WITH a lot is Visual Foxpro. It is much more
faithful to the OOP model, but lacks multiple inheritance, static member,
poymorphism.

WITH has saved me thousands of extra characters, made my programs much more
readable and reduced the effect of typos.

I did not mean to suggest that WITH be used just for references to self. My
intention is that it be used for any object that can have properties.