[FRPythoneers] compile() and syntax errors

Jeffery D. Collins jcollins at boulder.net
Fri Aug 9 12:20:19 MDT 2002

This behavior is also the same for syntax errors in a module.  Take a
look a sys.exc_info().  It contains lots of information related to the
exception when accessed from the except: block.  The following is not
well tested and may not work in general, but serves as an example of
where you might look for a more robust solution:

s = """
def foo():
    print x
      error