[FRPythoneers] [Fwd: [reportlab-users] SVG on the horizon...]

Karl Putland kputland at servicemagic.com
Tue Apr 23 07:38:28 MDT 2002

For Matt Gushee

Here is what you are looking for.

-----Forwarded Message-----

From: Dinu Gherman <gherman at darwin.in-berlin.de>
To: reportlab-users at yahoogroups.com
Subject: [reportlab-users] SVG on the horizon...
Date: 23 Apr 2002 15:00:24 +0200

Hi folks,

I'm working on integrating some SVG into ReportLab and have set up
an online demo that converts an SVG file to PDF. You can check it out
here:

  http://me.in-berlin.de/~darwin/svg/svg2pdf.html

and look at some samples here:

  http://me.in-berlin.de/~darwin/svg/incoming

This demo works by converting SVG to RLG and rendering it to PDF
(but bitmaps or EPS output would work equally well).

I've also started on the inverse direction, i.e. rendering RLG into
SVG, which is easier in principle, but harder to write a general-
purpose online demo for...

I need to iron out a few more buglets and think about what to do with
it before I can release something of real use, though... which is also
why I'm posting this here. Of course, the main benefit is that you
could import something like Illustrator SVG files into ReportLab
docs...

So, some decent feedback is warmly appreciated...

Regards,

Dinu

Buy Stock for $4
and no minimums.