[FRPythoneers] re: Pickling objects into a file

Joe VanAndel vanandel at acm.org
Tue Oct 9 19:58:59 MDT 2001

On Tuesday 09 October 2001 16:19, Sue Giller wrote:
> I am using version 20.1.0 of Numeric.
>
> The comments in SourceForge seem to be aimed at MA (whatever
> that is).  Is that MultiArray, which is used in Numeric?   The example
> in SourceForge put out nice exceptions - I get no exceptions, just a
> crash.
>
> I am fairly new to Python so I could be missing something very
> simple.
>
> On 9 Oct 01, at 15:10, Joe Van Andel wrote:
> > Which version of Numeric are you using?  A similar problem was solved
> > a release or two ago. (Check the Numeric Archives at
> > http://www.geocrawler.com/lists/3/SourceForge/1329/0/)

I would try installing the latest Numeric,  20.2, from
http://sourceforge.net/projects/numpy

I think a problem with pickling was solved, and if the pickling problem still
exists, you are more likely to get help if you are using the current version.
Since Numeric uses 'distutils', it is quite easy to install on most platforms.

MA is "Masked Array", I'm fairly certain.