[FRPythoneers] Solaris Python

Mike Loseke mike at verinet.com
Fri Oct 5 13:47:20 MDT 2001

Thus spake Sean Reifschneider:
> On Fri, Oct 05, 2001 at 09:21:37AM -0600, Mike Loseke wrote:
> > FWIW, python 2.0 compiles fairly easily on Solaris with a working gcc
> >environment. Last time I did it, editing Modules/Setup (or some other like
> >file) and running 'configure' with the normal options. Pretty straight
>
> Yeah, python is pretty easy to build.  If you have a compiler that is.
> That's the problem for many.

 Easy enough to come by, you can get Solaris packages of gcc at several
places, namely:

  http://sunfreeware.com/

 Install it, download the version of gcc you need, do a stage[x] compile
and put it where you want to test it if so desired and off you go.

--
   Mike Loseke    | The quantum nature of space and time must be dealt
 mike at verinet.com | with in a unified theory. At the shortest distance