[FRPythoneers] Solaris Python

Mike Loseke mike at verinet.com
Fri Oct 5 09:21:37 MDT 2001

 FWIW, python 2.0 compiles fairly easily on Solaris with a working gcc
environment. Last time I did it, editing Modules/Setup (or some other like
file) and running 'configure' with the normal options. Pretty straight
forward. Not a package, I know, but easy enough to do. Running at 178
compiled free/gnu packages here at work and python was nowhere the more
difficult of these packages to mangle.

Thus spake Rob Riggs:

--
                  | "Technology is not neutral. We're inside of what
   Mike loseke    | we make, and it's inside of us. We're living in a
 mike at verinet.com | get made and unmade."