[FRPythoneers] PythonWorks 1.3b5 now available (fwd from: info at pythonware.com)

Evelyn Mitchell efm at tummy.com
Mon Nov 19 11:39:54 MST 2001

----- Forwarded message from info at pythonware.com -----

Hi,

  PythonWorks 1.3b5 is now available for download from the
  PythonWare site.  This is the first public beta of Python-
  Works 1.3.

  - New features include:

    + Jython support.  You can develop, run, and debug programs
      written for Jython/JPython 1.0, 1,1, 2.0, 2.1, and later.
    + Improved support for newer Python versions. 2.1, 2.2 etc.
      This release uses Python 2.1.1 internally.
    + Much improved user interface builder (layout editor) for
      Tkinter/uiToolkit.
    + The main editor pad can be split, with subpads either on
      top of each other, or side by side.
    + New functions such as built-in PyChecker, diff, etc.
    + Much improved Emacs/Notepad-style editor modes.
      - Showing matching parentheses in editor.
      - Show line/column and selected editor mode in status line.
      - New and improved key bindings.
      - ... and much more
    + New project settings panel.
    + Speed improvements, most notable to the tracer and editor.
    + New and improved menus.
    + A rich set of predefined run environments for common Python
      distributions, plus automatic generation of run environments
      for Jython and others.
    + An on-line version of Fredrik Lundh's "Python Standard
      Library" book is available as part of the help system.

  - The 1.3 installation can co-exist with previous versions.
    However, you should consider backing up existing projects
    before using them under 1.3.

  - We have tested this version carefully, and earlier betas
    have been used extensively in various projects, but there
    may be bugs that we haven't seen yet.  If you find some-
    thing suspicious, please report it to

        pythonworks-support at pythonware.com

    (put "1.3b5" in the subject line, so we know what version
     you're using)

  - The documentation hasn't been fully updated.

regards,
the pythonworks team

  "Secret Labs AB -- makers of fine pythonware since 1997"